CLYZ Labs announces commencement of clinical trial and seed funding from Catapult Ventures to develop Cancertain™ test for personalised cancer treatment
CLYZ Labs, an award-winning early-stage cancer diagnostics company, today announced that the first clinical trial involving its innovative Cancertain™ test has secured all regulatory approvals following a seed investment from the GM&C Life Sciences Fund, managed by Catapult Ventures. Premier Corporate Finance supported CLYZ Labs in preparation for this fund-raising. CLYZ Labs, founded in 2017, are developing the Cancertain™ Assay as a service to select the best drug therapy for personalised cancer treatment.
CLYZ Labs will combine information on drug sensitivity of the patient’s own tumor cells using innovative 3D Cell culture techniques along with biomarker and treatment guidelines to provide a personalised treatment recommendation. This is expected to increase life expectancy and reduce costs by selecting the best treatment option for an individual. CLYZ Labs has previously received funding from individual clinicians under SEIS and EIS Schemes, which supported pre-clinical development of the technology. The latest investment from GM&C Life Sciences Fund will enable the company to further optimise and validate the Cancertain™ Assay in patients with lung cancer and to generate much needed evidence in a clinical setting. Dr Gareth King, Life Science Partner at Catapult Ventures, commented “Highly personalised cancer therapy is fast becoming the standard of care and I’ve been very impressed with the focus of CLYZ Labs team on improving outcomes for patients with cancer.
CLYZ Labs is well positioned to provide a fully integrated service to support clinicians to provide the best treatment and care for patients. I look forward to the successful conclusion of this clinical trial.” Dr Himanshu Kataria, Director of CLYZ Labs, said “Lung cancer remains a major health problem with >65% patients dying within one year of diagnosis. We at CLYZ Labs are focused to ensure that every lung cancer patient gets the best chance at cancer treatment in the future. We welcome this initial investment from GM&C Life Sciences Fund, which will help us complete initial clinical validation of Cancertain™ Assay. Precision Medicine Tests require robust clinical and health economic evaluation before being made available to every patient under the NHS. We look forward to continue to work with the GM&C Life Sciences Fund and other investors to bring Cancertain™ Assay to every lung cancer patient in future.” Mr Rupert Lewis, Partner at Premier Corporate Finance, said “We are delighted to be able to support Himanshu in his quest to improve cancer care within the current healthcare environment in the UK and international markets. I look forward to assisting with the future success of CLYZ Labs”.
Photo, L-R: Dr Himanshu Kataria, Director, CLYZ Labs; Rupert Lewis, Partner, Premier Corporate Finance; Dr Gareth King, Life Science Partner, Catapult Ventures.
- Venturefest North West 2018: finalists revealed September 4, 2018
- Clyz Labs Raises Seed Funding August 31, 2018
- Premier Corporate Finance advises CLYZ Labs on fund raising August 23, 2018
- CLYZ Labs announces commencement of clinical trial and seed funding from Catapult Ventures to develop Cancertain™ test for personalised cancer treatment August 22, 2018
- CLYZ Labs Ltd and Spheritech Ltd enter into an Agreement Of Collaboration May 10, 2018
- Early Stage Biotechnology Company CLYZ Labs receives HMRC Advanced Assurance for SEIS/EIS Scheme(s) March 12, 2018
- CLYZ Labs Completes Round 1 Fund raising under SEIS March 10, 2018
- Early Stage Biotechnology Company CLYZ Labs appoints Sapphire Capital Partners as Capital Advisors February 12, 2018
- Early Stage Biotechnology Company of the year 2017 November 1, 2017
- CLYZ Labs awarded with Early-Stage Biotechnology Company of the Year 2017 at International Global Health & Pharma Awards. September 20, 2017